Friday, March 26, 2010

city shots

The Chai-Wala in the alley next to my Amedabad hotel made the best chai I've had so far, at the tender age of 8 or so.
These are shot from moving rickshaws through the streets of Amedabad.







Rollin' with the homies.



The mean streets of Bombay or Mumbai depending on who you talk to! Cricket, I don't get it. These kids were an awesoome BMX/B-boy crew. The one in the striped jacket wanted me to kiss him on the cheek so I made him do a bunch of flips and stuff first, then he gave me his phone number and told me to come over for dinner! I thought it was sweet but didn't accept the invite.

















Fresh Fruit juice is my favouritest part of India I think. In Canada we pay like $10 for fresh juice, here it's equivilant to $0.75! There's a drink called faluda, it consists of ice cream, fruit and vermicelli noodles and some other mystery ingredient that looks like fish eggs. I haven't had the balls or the stomach to try it yet...





4 comments:

  1. Hahahaha you made him flip. Got his hopes up, you naughty girl.

    That fruit looks amazing! You're right. Fruit/fruit drinks here are way too expensive. And people wonder why health promotion doesn't work...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ewww noodles in a drink?!
    thats so cool

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you Leah! We should all demand feats before kisses are bestowed. You look cool all powdered up. Happy Easter to you.
    Love
    Mom xxoo (I'm an exception to the back flip rule.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It took me long enough to figure out how to comment, didn't it? HaHa!

    ReplyDelete