Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I am here

I spent a couple days in Amedabad, Gujarat. Another Australian traveler described it as a hell hole, which sort of matched my experience there. Maybe it was from travel fatigue that I was sensitive and emotional. The worst of it was 2 creepers following me around one night until I managed to lose them (which I had to try really hard to do) The awesomest part of the city ws visiting Gandhi's Satyagraha Ashram. A little piece of amazing history there of which I will post photos soon.
From there I visited Udaipur, Rajasthan. I fell in love with the city and my original 3 day stay turned in a week or so...partly because I got ill...from what I don't know. The guest house where I stayed was lovely and family owned. The people I met were fun and the city is just beautiful with Mountains in the distance and the lake near by. There are lots of rooftop restaurants with spectacular views. I visited a temple in the mountains (the name of which I cannot recall) that was entirely carved out of white marble with something like 1400 exquisite pillars. A week in Udaipur proved to be quite enough for me and it was onward! Sick of being in cities I moped around Delhi for a few hours before boarding a bus for Rishikesh, and I am now in Himalayan heaven! Photos and more to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment