Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Chiang Mai, Sukhothai, Bangkok, THAILAND!

I HEART Sukhothai!
These are from the ruins of the old city of Sukhothai. It was a wonderful day riding my rented bike from site to site and getting really burnt by the sun in the 40C. But folks in Sukhothai know how to party, so by night I drank whiskey and soda to cool off, then got sweaty dancing and singing karaoke!










We were in Chiang Mai for Songkran. Songkran is Thai New Year! Thai folks really know how to celebrate, with a week long, city-wide waterfight! People pile into pick-up trucks and Tuk-Tuks and also rome the streets or stand outside of bars and throw buckets of water on each other. It was the best fun I've ever ever had...I think N.America NEEDS to adopt this tradition!



















Thailand is known as "Land of a thousand Buddhas" In Bangkok there's the Black Buddha, Golden Buddha, Emerald Buddha, Big Buddha, Standing Buddha, Reclined Buddha...etc...etc...They are all very exquisite.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy for you! All of your travels seem amazing and I love your beautiful pics! now come home! :P - Christella

    ReplyDelete