Saturday, February 6, 2010

Landed at last!

We've arrived in Asia!
Landed in Singapore at 8:00am local time.
The flight was not as bad as I anticipated! I always bring books with me on buses and planes, but never seem to read them. Outside the windows is much more consuming. The films that the airline offered were helpful too though. I saw more movies in 21 hours then i have seen in 6 months! I did bits of yoga on the planes and at the gates, very helpful although I got inquisitive glances and stares.
Singapore is wonderfully balmy. The highway from the airport lined with green bushes blooming purple blossoms. The architecture is cool, with lots of modern buildings in the works. We are staying with 2 of Steph's amazing friends. They live in a part of town that contains older buildings from the 50s or 60s, and while most of the old buildings have been torn down to make way for newer brighter, glass towers, this part of town is protected as historic. It is just my style, I'm not much of a condo liver.
We are going to check out a Dim Sum joint and a local market now. Feeling surprisingly fine energy-wise. I know jet-lag is looming.
Hurray! Singapore!

2 comments: